Community Investment Management (CIM) is looking for an Associate to join our firm. CIM is an institutional impact investment manager that provides strategic debt funding to scale and demonstrate responsible innovation in lending to underserved borrowers. Our work aims to advance financial inclusion by partnering with select tech-enabled lending partners, improve financial health and drive widespread adoption of such fintech innovation by the financial mainstream.
The Associate will join our firm and will be based in our San Francisco office, with some flexibility with regard to remote work. The core function of the role will be to ensure that administration and operations of the firm are efficiently and effectively managed. A passion for impact at scale, strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail, and comfort with a high degree of autonomy in a collaborative organization are essential for success in this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support management and the business operations teams by assuming responsibility for day-to-day tasks related to investment management including coordinating meetings internally and externally, preparing presentation and follow up materials, and managing client requests and reporting.
- Contribute to the curation firm materials and communications, including research, preparation, and regular updating of information.
- Review, collect, and aggregate investment portfolio reporting and metrics.
- Assist with the operations and management of service provider, vendor, and lending partner relationships.
- Work closely with internal teams to track and prepare investor reporting, administrative filings, and other compliance-related requirements.
- Assist with the organizing and scheduling of internal and external meetings, calls, trips, and events.
- Point of contact for general office management.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about financial inclusion, eager to learn about the business operations and administration of an impact investment firm.
- Excellent time management skills with a track record of multi-tasking efficiently and effectively.
- Comfortable communicating clearly and effectively in team discussions and sharing own opinion.
- Excited to work in a small, fluid, ambitious, and highly collaborative global team with a high degree of autonomy, self-motivation, and discipline.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative mindset, self-starter, and an exceptional work ethic.
If you are interested in learning more about the role or applying, please send your resume and an email cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Today
At Community Investment Management, we are committed to maintaining an environment that fosters personal and collaborative working relationships. Our people:
- Appreciate every voice and cultivate constructive dissidence
We believe seeing things differently is a key strength
- Encourage each other to take chances
We believe that people produce their best ideas when they feel comfortable putting themselves out there
- Stay humble and intellectually curious
We believe that remembering that we all are deeply flawed enables a learning mindset which empowers us to discover new solutions and grow
- Seek alignment
We believe that we are best set up for success when we share the same goals with our partners
- Find a better way
We believe that we can figure out any problem with enough persistence and creativity
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our core values. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, building the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive impact on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage women, people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. CIM is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and equal opportunity for all applicants, as well as employees. All applicants for positions at CIM will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants with prior criminal records will be considered for employment consistent with federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.