Emerging Markets Investments
Community Investment Management (CIM) is looking for an Investment Analyst to join our team. CIM is a global institutional impact investment manager that provides strategic debt funding to scale and demonstrate responsible innovation in lending to underserved borrowers in the United States and emerging markets. Our work aims to advance financial inclusion by partnering with select tech-enabled lending partners, improve financial health, and drive widespread adoption of such fintech innovation by the financial mainstream.
We are looking for an Investment Analyst to join our Emerging Markets team in Bogota, Colombia. The Investment Analyst will contribute to all aspects of CIM’s work across Emerging Markets, establishing CIM as the eminent credit provider for fintech lending products and platforms in our target markets. A passion for impact at scale, strong analytical skills, and comfort with a high degree of autonomy in a collaborative, global organization are essential for success in this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct deal-specific research, financial and credit analysis on new and existing investments.
- Support the monitoring of existing investments with periodic analytical reviews and direct portfolio company engagement.
- Synthesize findings, develop analytical perspective on companies with limited information, create detailed investment memos, and make recommendations to the team.
- Support the team in investment structuring, negotiation, documentation, and execution.
- Assist in building new investment theses by analyzing and assessing new markets, fintech verticals, and monitoring the competitive and regulatory landscapes in target markets.
- Work closely with the teams in San Francisco, New York, Zurich, and other CIM locations on investor reporting, audits, risk reporting, and technology coordination.
- Travel occasionally to target markets, as well as to CIM head office in San Francisco or other offices.
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about social impact, relentlessly inquisitive about identifying emerging trends, and constructively obsessed about assessing the best emerging teams and companies.
- 1-2 years of previous work experience, with a background in fintech, investment banking, debt financing, or structuring.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and comfort with assessing financial models.
- Comfortable communicating clearly and effectively in team discussions and sharing own opinion.
- Excited to work in a small, fluid, ambitious, and highly collaborative global team with a high degree of autonomy, self-motivation, and discipline.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative mindset, self-starter, and an exceptional work ethic.
- Fluent in Spanish and English; knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Proficiency in Python, R, SQL, or experience managing relational databases or data warehouses in AWS Cloud viewed favorably.
If you are interested in learning more about the role or applying, please send your resume and an email cover letter to email@example.com
At Community Investment Management, we are committed to maintaining an environment that fosters personal and collaborative working relationships. Our people:
- Appreciate every voice and cultivate constructive dissidence
We believe seeing things differently is a key strength
- Encourage each other to take chances
We believe that people produce their best ideas when they feel comfortable putting themselves out there
- Stay humble and intellectually curious
We believe that remembering that we all are deeply flawed enables a learning mindset which empowers us to discover new solutions and grow
- Seek alignment
We believe that we are best set up for success when we share the same goals with our partners
- Find a better way
We believe that we can figure out any problem with enough persistence and creativity
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our core values. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, building the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive impact on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain people from a diverse candidate pool. Community Investment Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and equal opportunity for all applicants, as well as employees. All applicants for positions at CIM will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants with prior criminal records will be considered for employment consistent with federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.